We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Quinoa or as they say in some countries quinoa is very healthy and tasty.
This recipe is that of the typical Chinese fried rice, substituting the rice for quinoa and to make it vegan we eliminate the egg. In this recipe I use coconut oil, which is my favorite, but you can make it with another oil resistant to high temperatures.
Quinoa is a grain that is grown for its edible seeds. Technically it is not a cereal grain, but a pseudo cereal. It is basically a "seed" that is prepared and consumed in a similar way to a grain.
Quinoa has been consumed for thousands of years in South America.
There are three main types: white, red, and black. This recipe is with white quinoa but you can make it with any of the three.
- 1 cup (250g | 8oz) quinoa
- 2 cups (500 g | 16 ounces) vegetable broth (or water)
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ½ onion chopped, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup of carrot chopped into small pieces and bean sprouts
- ½ cup peas
- ½ red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions (green onions), chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- For the sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook the quinoa (quinoa).
- Wash it 2-3 times with cold water.
- In a large deep skillet, sauté ½ tablespoon of coconut oil with ¼ of the onion and garlic. (This is my favorite recipe for making quinoa)
- Add the quinoa and vegetable broth (or water) and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add ½ tablespoon of the coconut oil. Add the rest of the onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetables, half the green onion, the carrots, the red peppers, the ginger and the pepper (to taste). Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- I added the quinoa (quinoa) and peas and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, the rest of the coconut oil, and the sesame oil.
- Stir so everything is incorporated.
- Garnish with the remaining green onion.